Money Starts Here values privacy – ours and yours. To help maintain your privacy and the security of your personal information, we communicate this and all of our privacy policies to Money Starts Here employees and agents, and we strive to internally ensure privacy safeguards.
Our Collection and Use of Information:
Money Starts Here may collect information in a number of ways from users who access our Site or services. We collect personal and non-personal information in various ways. You may provide your information to us to receive a product, service, or communication from us; we may request your information to better serve you; or we may require your information in order to be able complete a transaction (e.g. a login) or to provide access (e.g. returning to revisit a subscription service).
A. Collection of Personal Information
Personal information we collect
Our Site is primarily an information site and we tend to collect little personal information. Examples of some types of personal information Money Starts Here may collect in connection with the Site and how we may use it include the following:
• We generally collect little personal information however, if you register to use materials, products, or services, request support, provide feedback to us, or participate in a promotion or online survey, or respond to an advertisement, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and/or social media credentials. Money Starts Here does not directly collect credit card numbers in connection with the Site, and we do not collect or store credit card numbers from end-users in connection with any of the Site that this Policy applies to.
• We may collect information required to provide the services in connection with your access including PII such as your name, email address, IP address and current location. This information in some cases may only be stored temporarily, or transiently, e.g. during a particular secure session between your computer and a server hosting Money Starts Here.
How we use your personal information
• Optional Communications: The personal information we collect allows us to provide you with Money Starts Here’s latest product announcements, helpful tips and information, updates, and launches. These communications, if offered, are optional. If you don’t want to receive these communications, or do not wish to be on our mailing list, you can opt out of receiving them at any time. Each communication of any type from us will provide opt-out directions, and you can also generally opt-out via your account dashboard if you are a registered user, client, or customer. The information in connection with these optional communications and your responses help us to improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
• We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, improve, and customize the Site, and our products, services, content, and advertising to provide a better user experience for every user of the Site.
• We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Money Starts Here’s products, services, communications, and/or support.
• If we offer a promotional program or service that you sign up for, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
• If we become involved in any legal process as a result of your actions on the Site, or in connection with any products, or services offered via the Site, we may be required to disclose your PII to a government authority, or a third party who e.g., issues a subpoena that require us to provide it. Our response(s) to any such legal process will be handled on a case-by-case basis following the advice of our attorneys.
B. Collection of Non-Personal Information
How we collect and use your non-personal information
We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
• We may collect non-personal information (e.g. demographic information) regarding our customers collectively including information such as age, gender, occupation, preferred language, zip code, area code, geographic location, or the time zone from which customers access the Site, information, products, or services. Such non-personal information is used so that we can better understand who our customers are, and their behavior generally with regards the Site, and to improve our information, products, services, communications, support, help, user experiences, and advertising for our customers.
• We also may collect non-personal information regarding customer activities on the Site or use of the Money Starts Here information, products, and services. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of the Site, or our information, products, and services are of most interest or which can be improved. Non-personal support or help request data may be used to improve the Site, communications, and user interfaces, or to allow us to provide additional product or service offerings to our present or future customers.
• We may collect non-personal information regarding the digital footprints of our customers with respect to accessing the Site, or any related information, products, or services including mobile and non-mobile access, specific types of devices being used, unique device IDs, type of browser(s) being used, networks that our customers use, and other non-personal information. This information may be used to improve the Site, products, or services including but not limited to their performance, functionality, design, or responsiveness.
C. Cookies and Other Technologies
Money Starts Here may also use specific technologies in connection with certain communications such as emails that may be used to track actions by recipients. For example, these communications may include one or more clickable text regions or graphics that include URLs that link to content on the Site. However, these URLs may pass through a web server that tracks the click before arriving at the linked content on the Site. The tracked data can help Money Starts Here determine the effectiveness of our communications to users and customers, or to gage interest in specific topics. If you prefer not to have your responses to such communications tracked in this manner, do not click links in the email messages. Such communications may also include pixel tags that can tell us whether e.g. an email has been opened. We may use this information to throttle the number of messages sent to users or customers, or to remove people who do not read or interact with our communications from one or more lists.
Cookies and other technologies can generally be controlled on your devices. If you want to disable cookies and you should review your privacy or security settings. Please note that certain features of the Site or related information, products, or services may not be available if you have cookies disabled on your device. We will typically try to warn you that a page or feature you are trying to reach will not function without cookies enabled. If you have your cookies on your device or browser disabled and are having difficulties you may wish to enable them to see if the problem is resolved.
D. Log Files
As part of standard protocols, the servers hosting Money Starts Here’s Site may automatically gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include date/time stamp of access, Internet Protocol (IP) address(es), device type, operating system, browser and version, language, log-in details, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring page, exit page, and other data. Money Starts Here does not control this data or its collection.
E. Social Media
Money Starts Here may collect certain information from you if you interact with us via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Snapchat, Instagram, and other such services. Any information we receive or collect from such social media, and our ability to collect it, may depend on the social media site, its policies, and its requirements or its technology. We may collect the information you provide from these social media interactions and may use it for various purposes to improve our services or your experience, or to contact you regarding the reason you connected with us or with additional offers in the future. Of course, you have the opportunity to opt-out at any time provided we do not require a means of contacting you to fulfill your request.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to Money Starts Here. It is our policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws. Therefore we restrict our website use to persons eighteen years or older. Therefore, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn that Money Starts Here has inadvertently collected or received the personal information of a child under 18 we will take steps to delete the information.
[PLEASE NOTE: You must be 18 or older to use the Site, and to purchase the information, products, or services offered via the Site without an adult (parent or guardian).]
DUE TO THE AGE RESTRICTIONS FOR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, NO INFORMATION OBTAINED VIA THIS WEBSITE FALLS WITHIN THE CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (COPPA) AND IT IS NOT MONITORED AS DOING SO.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if we discover or form a reasonable belief that we have received any information from a child under 18 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information. If you believe Money Starts Here has any information from a child under age 18, please contact us at the following address:
via Mail: Money Starts Here LLC, 9711 Holland Street Bakersfield, CA 93312
via email: legal@Money Starts Here.com
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Money Starts Here may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide information, products and services, or that help us service our customers. Personal information will only be shared by Money Starts Here to provide or improve the Site, and our information, products, services, and advertising.
A. Service Providers
To provide its various products or services, Money Starts Here may work with one or more third party providers, who may be located wherever Money Starts Here operates, or in any other location. Such companies provide services to Money Starts Here. Examples may include server hosting, information processing, software platform services, emailing services, video hosting, product/service delivery, communications, marketing services, managing and enhancing customer data, providing technical support and/or customer service, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. We will only provide personal information to these companies where required for them to provide their services, or to improve our products or services for our customers. These companies will be contractually obligated to protect your information.
Money Starts Here will not share PII with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will share information where required by law. Money Starts Here may also disclose information about you if we determine, in our sole discretion, that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to ensure the safety of any individual(s), or for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
If the Site and/or any products, or services, or Money Starts Here LLC becomes the subject of a reorganization under the bankruptcy law, a merger, a sale, or other change in control, any and all personal information in Money Starts Here’s control will be transferred to the trustee, debtor in possession, successor, acquirer, or such other third party as will control Money Starts Here, the Site, and/or any products, or services thereafter.
We reserve the right to disclose personal information if we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our users, customers, or the public, prevent fraud or financial wrongdoing, or in any action to enforce our Terms and Conditions, or other policies regarding Money Starts Here.
Personal Information Protection
Money Starts Here uses commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to our data. We restrict access of personal information to our employees, contractors, and/or agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. Money Starts Here and its third party providers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information, including financial information is transmitted.
You are solely responsible for any personal information you choose to submit on non-secure sites including but not limited any discussion forums or public comment threads on the Site, or any social media sites, groups, or threads related to the Site or the related information, products, or services.
Access to Your Personal Information
As described above, we tend to collect little personal information, primarily names and email addresses however, you can request access to any personal information we have for you. We will make a good faith effort to provide you with access to reasonably accessible information. You can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete your personal data. Money Starts Here will comply with such requests if they are reasonable and we will delete your data if Money Starts Here is not required to retain it by law, and does not require it for legitimate business purposes. We may reserve the right to refuse deletion requests that we believe require undue time, or technical effort, or where not provided by local law. We also reserve the right to deny or delay requests where the personal information is scheduled to be deleted as part of any upcoming purge of data that is not being retained. Request for access, correction, or deletion can be submitted to legal@MoneyStartsHere.com .
Links to Third-Party Site
International Users: US Safe Harbor
This Policy was created June 2017 and last updated June 24, 2017.
Notice of Compliance to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights Under The California Online Privacy Protection Act and the California Business and Professions Code
Money Starts Here does not maintain an online process for an individual consumer who uses or visits our commercial website or online service to review and request changes to any of his or her personally identifiable information that is collected through our website or online service.
For the purposes of this policy and California compliance the following definitions apply:
Depending on your activity on our website or online service, the following “personally identifiable information” may be collected, in addition to what is in prior sections of this document.
The term “personally identifiable information” means individually identifiable information about an individual consumer collected online via the Site from an individual and maintained by us in an accessible form and may include any of the following:
(1) A first and last name;
(2) A home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town;
(3) An e-mail address;
(4) A telephone number;
(5) Any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual; and
Under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA, as amended) California residents may have the right to periodically receive information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you or your family for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to legal@MoneyStartsHere. com and please include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, the domain name of the website you are inquiring about, along with your name, address and e-mail address. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request.
“Cookies” and How We Use Them
Advertisers and partners may also use their own cookies (e.g. on their own sites). Money Starts Here does not control any third party’s use of such cookies and we expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected by or through them.
If you opt out of being tracked, we will ensure that new data collected about you will not be used by us for targeted advertising purposes.
Public Areas & Social Media: Any information you disclose in any public areas of our website or the Internet, including via social media becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas.
or via Mail: Money Starts Here LLC 9711 Holland Street Bakersfield, CA 93312